How to change the tire of his car? What is the price of a montage?
Your tire has a tear, a hernia or punctured?
But you do not know how to change it and put it on your car ...
No panic, Captain-Drive is there to support you in this task, which seems difficult for beginners. After reading, you will become a tire mounting pro!
- why it is essential to replace a faulty tire on your car
- procedure step by step to make a tire change on your car
- what are the best sites to buy your tire directly online and at the best price
- how much does it cost to fit a tire? performed by a professional
Why replace your tire quickly is important?
Tires are the elements indispensable of a car. They allow to drive safely if they are well inflated and if they do not show any crack, tear, serious puncture or any sign of old age. It can be handy to know how to replace it quickly and safely, especially if you have a problem at the edge of a totally deserted road!
It is therefore very important to replace your tire if one problems mentioned above is detected. Similarly, it will be necessary to change your tires regularly depending on the intensity and use of your vehicle. Your dealer, mechanic or builder can tell you how often your tires need to be changed.
You may also have to change a tire because of the season. Replacing standard tires with snow tires is almost essential in winter if you live in an area where snow is present regularly.
How to change the tire of your vehicle?
When your tire has a problem that requires a change, hurry up because leaving it on the wheel can have serious consequences. Two solutions are available to you:
- have the tire changed by a professional (a traditional car mechanic or you can request a tire fitting quote on our platform for example)
- change the tire yourself. In this case, it will take a minimum of tools and knowledge.
The tools you will absolutely need are:
- A jack ( buy a jack on Oscaro),
- A wheel wrench or a cross wrench (buy a cross wrench on Oscaro),
- A spare wheel (that you can buy them specialized line shops),
- A warning triangle, a reflective vest and a flashlight in case you have a tire puncture at night.
If you do not have these tools, you can easily get them on the internet.
Change your tire step by step: the Captain-Drive tutorial
Before you begin, if you need to change a tire during a trip, find the right spot, consider turning on the hazard warning lights, applying your handbrake, and turning on a gear if not wheels will start spinning alone.
Then you'll have to:
- Place your warning triangle and put on your reflective vest if you replace your tire on the road;
- Remove the hubcap from the wheel and loosen the 4 or 6 nuts of the tire.At the first gas station, check the wheel and tire pressures.
No time to replace your tire alone?
Opt for the garage mechanic's solution! Our partner garages travel to replace your tires directly on your parking lot or in your private driveway. Ask for a quote in your area.